The Future is Now!
New project in Serbia and Bosnia with a support of the Swedish Institute: “The Future is Now – supporting local pedagogues and Roma NGOs to use Internet and Social Media to endorse Roma children to continue their education” start today. The project is supported in the frames of the Swedish Institute’s program “Creative Force – Western Balkans”
Together with our partners “Edukacija za Sve” (local NGO “Education for All“) we will develop an online course on basic use of WordPress, Social media, Multimedia and “Internet English”.
2 seminaries with guest appearances of international leading experts through pre-recorded video lectures are scheduled for October 2012 in Novi Sad and Bijeljina. Among other subjects, the seminaries will cover following subjects:
- Internet in civil society: Democracy and the internet, fundraising, campaigning, braking the monopoly on information
- Inspiration: good practices in use of social media in developing the civil society
- Use of Social Media in the NGO world, online interaction, networking, spam vs. promotion
- Writing for online media
- Internet English: interface, “internet grammar”, abbreviations, “netiquette”
- Multimedia: online photo, video, podcasting
Beside Roma NGOs and local pedagogues, the project will include the thrilling program for Roma and non-Roma school children. The children will meet exciting local “real-life role models”: pilots, doctors, architects and others.
More info to come…