Remember ReAct Revisited – Together for Impact
Registration link for the live stream through the Zoom platform will be provided soon.
Belgrade – Feb 8, 2023 – 12:30-17:00
Hosted by Terraforming and the Embassy of Sweden in Serbia, on Feb 8, 2023, an international conference will be held under the auspices of the Swedish chairpersonship of The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA).
To take stock of the Swedish IHRA Presidency and Serbia´s and Sweden´s pledges at the Malmö International High-Level Forum on Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism, the conference will gather high representatives, IHRA delegates, experts, and representatives of the Jewish and Roma communities.
- To summarize the Swedish IHRA presidency (2022-2023)
- Take a look at the current state of the national pledges made by Sweden, Serbia and other countries at the Malmö International Forum on Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism (2021)
- To offer a platform for discussing Holocaust remembrance, the Roma genocide, and the need to educate youth and teachers
- To offer a platform for discussing current trends in education about the Holocaust and the Roma Genocide
- To present youth activities related to Holocaust remembrance and human rights
- To offer a platform for discussing challenges and best practices in addressing contemporary antisemitism
Panel 1: Holocaust remembrance and education,
Presentations on best practices of youth activism in the field of Holocaust memorialization and combating antisemitism
Panel 2: Addressing contemporary antisemitism.
The panel discussions will be moderated by Misko Stanisic and Nevena Bajalica, founders of Terraforming and members of the Serbian IHRA delegation.
Among participants in Belgrade, there will be:
- Cecilia Ruthström-Ruin, Ambassador for Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law, Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Head of Delegation to the IHRA, Sweden
- Petra Mårselius, Director-General, Living History Forum, Stockholm, Sweden
- Katherine Hauptman, Director, Holocaust Museum, Sweden
- Anna Urombi, Secretary General, Raoul Wallenberg Academy, Sweden
- Natasa Tasic Knezevic, MP and Chair of the National Council of the Roma National Minority of the Republic of Serbia
- Aleksandar Albahari, President of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Serbia
- Krinka Vidaković Petrov, Director, Memorial Center Staro Sajmiste, Serbia
- Brankica Jankovic, The Commissioner for Protection of Equality, Serbia
Participation by invitation only.
For members of the media interested in covering the event, please contact us.
In one of the abandoned and neglected pavilions of the former concentration camp at the old Belgrade fairground (Staro Sajmiste) during the guided tour by Misko Stanisic, director of Terraforming, with the team of the Directorate of Democratic Participation/Education Department of the Council of Europe during the First Annual Forum for History Education, November 2022