Malmö International Forum on Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism
Welcome to the podcast series produced by Terraforming on the occasion of Malmö International Forum on Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism– Remember ReAct.
The forum in Malmö, Sweden is held on October 13, 2021. Heads of state and government, researchers, experts, and civil society representatives from around 50 countries participate in the Malmö International Forum on Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism, Remember ReAct. The purpose of the Forum is to jointly take concrete steps forward in the work on Holocaust remembrance and the fight against antisemitism.
The goal of the Malmö Forum is to commit participating countries, organizations, and companies to implement new and concrete measures to promote education and remembrance of the Holocaust and to combat Antisemitism, Antigypsyism, and other forms of racism.
The Forum marks the 20th anniversary of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA). During the last two decades IHRA has established itself as the principal international authority in the fields of Holocaust commemoration, research, education and remembrance culture.
The main topics of the Forum are
- Preserving the memory of the Holocaust,
- Education about the Holocaust in order to combat Antisemitism, Antigypsyism, and other forms of xenophobia
- Fight against Antisemitism and Antigypsyism online,
- Preservation and promotion of Jewish and Roma cultural heritage
About the situation on these issues in the Republic of Serbia, and how we could improve it, we talked to our guests:
- Biljana Albahari, librarian at the National Library of Serbia, founder of the Jewish Digital Library
- Dr. Vojislav Klačar, artist, professor at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Belgrade, President of The Association of Fine Artists of Serbia ULUS
- Dr. Nebojša Kuzmanović, director of the Archives of Vojvodina
- Snežana Pavlović, Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development
- Stefan Radojković, historian and associate st the Genocide Victim’s Museum in Belgrade
- Dr. Katarina Melić, professor of French literature and culture at the Faculty of Philology and Arts in Kragujevac
- Jadranka Ivković, director of the European Roma Institute for Art and Culture – ERIAC in Serbia
- Mirko Stefanović, retired lawyer and diplomat, member of the Jewish community of Novi Sad
- Dr. Vlatko Ilić, theater director and associate professor of history and theory of dramatic arts, media, and culture at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Belgrade,
- Sonja Vilčić, executive director and one of the founders of the NVO Haver Serbia, Jewish educator
- Olga Andraši, historian, retired curator, member of the Jewish community of Novi Sad
- Nevena Bajalica, co-founder of the organization Terraforming, member of the delegation of the Republic of Serbia in International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
Released October 10 – 12.
Podcast 1, October 10, 2021
Podcast 2, October 10, 2021
Podcast 3, October 10, 2021
Podcasts 4, 12. 10, 2021